13 Feb 2023 Annual SAAFFI seminar – a must-do for anyone working with flavours!
The count-down has started to the 21st annual SAAFFI seminar – and it is once again a LIVE EVENT!
The live full-day seminar will be held on Thursday 16 March 2023 at the impressive Conference Centre of the GIBS Business School in Illovo, Johannesburg.
The seminar is themed:
BEND or BREAK – resilience and flexibility in the flavour & fragrance industry
- Learn lessons from the past
- Cope with the challenges of the present
- Embrace the promise of the future
The full-day programme features an impressive line-up of speakers, a hands-on workshop, an inspiring motivational presentation, and a networking cocktail event, where various interesting (sometimes dramatic!) tastes and aromas will be showcased.
Specifically, the programme aims to highlight the initiatives in the flavour, fragrance and related sectors that are currently focused on rebuilding and moving forward following a period of intense challenge.
International and local speakers will address topics including
- What trends can we anticipate for flavours and fragrances?
- What are some of the successful business strategies that have been employed in response to recent upheavals?
- What are the technologies that have shone for the sector during the recent period of darkness?
- How does the African approach to business help or hinder in the process of “bouncing back”?
- What important lessons about appropriate response, can we take from recent business case studies
- How are the flavour, fragrance and FMCG sectors scoring in their attempts to recover and improve?
- What are the diverse needs of our industries as we face the future?
“The hands-on workshop component will leave people energised, motivated and challenged. The generous prizes for the winning teams are also very appealing! The networking opportunities are many and focused on exactly the right “crowd”,” comments Sharon Bolel, SAAFFI’s assistant executive director.
For the last 20 years, the annual SAAFFI seminar has attracted around 200 key personnel drawn from a wide range of companies both in the flavour & fragrance sector, and from FMCG companies (users of flavours and fragrances), as well as academics, consultants, regulators, raw material suppliers and anyone interested in the fascinating world of fragrance and flavours.
The day offers a valuable learning and networking opportunity to people in management, sales, marketing, technical, procurement, R&D, applications, operations and tertiary level students.
“The SAAFFI 21st annual seminar is an industry event which offers so much for so many. This is an event for every serious professional – simultaneously offering a day of fun, insight and inspiration! There is even the promise of a jam-packed goody bag for the first 200 registered delegates!” adds Bolel.
Sponsorship opportunities are offered to those organisations who want their name associated with this prestigious event. These can be in the form of financial contributions, assistance for student registrations or goodies for the delegate goody bag. Full credit and exposure will be given to all sponsors in all seminar communication.
SAAFFI, the South African Association of the Flavour & Fragrance Industry, represents all aspects of the flavour, fragrance and allied industries. It unites the industry across non-competitive issues, freeing up individual organisations to grow their business.
For more information, and to book for the event, go to https://saaffi.co.za/events/