2013’s Beverage Innovation Awards: Packaging and Processing
Best packaging design or label
- Winner: Ardagh Group (France) with four million individually-designed and decorated ‘Absolut Unique’ bottles
The Finalists in this category were: Chi Drinks (UK) with Chi Espresso and Chi Chocolate; Zipz (US) with Zipz Z selections single-serve wine; Wadih Kassatly (Lebanon) with Bars and Nights Liqueurs; Fakeer (Czech Republic) with Fakeer Energy Drink; Femme Natural Energy (Sweden) with Femme Boost; Ardagh Group (France) with Limited Edition Jean Paul Gaultier Coca-Cola Contour bottle; PesiCo (US) with Tropicana 89oz Epet Package; and Huhtamaki (UK) with Enjoy – double-wall hot cups.
- Winner: H2M Beverages (US) with H2M Interactive Cap
The Finalists in this category were: O-I and Amorim (Italy/Portugal) with Helix Concept; Can2close (Germany) with can2 close resealable beverage can lid; and Xolution (Germany) with resealable ends for beverage cans.
Best bottle in PET
- Winner: Sidel Group (France) with Water bottle design for Société des Eaux d’Aix les Bains
Krones was highly commended in this category for its commitment to light weighting.
The Finalists in this category were: Fakeer (Czech Republic) with Fakeer energy drink; M Water Sprinkle Drinking Water (Thailand) with Campaign – inspiring life; and Crystal Geyser Water Company (US) with Tejava Premium Iced Tea.
Best bottle in glass
- Winner: BA Vidro (Portugal) with Schweppes Heritage Original Tonic Bottle II
The Finalists in this category were: SAB Miller (India) with Indus Pride; and Beverly Hills Drink Company (US) with Beverly Hills 90H20.
Best carton or pouch
- Winner: SIG Combibloc (Germany) with Combibloc Combidome
The Finalists in this category were: Tetra Pak (Sweden) with Brick aseptic 200 and 250 Edge packages; and Ampac Flexibles (Switzerland) with Pull tab beverage pouch by Ampac.
Best can or alubottle
- Winner: Ardagh Group (France) with Limited Edition Jean Paul Gaultier Coca-Cola Contour Bottle
The Finalists in this category were: Dry Soda / Turnstyle Studios (US) with Dry Soda; Bembel with Care (Germany) with Bembel with Care Apfelwein; and Crown Packaging (UK) with Global Vent End.
Best distribution innovation
- Winner: Lightweight containers (The Netherlands) with KeyKeg 20 Slimline with double-wall technology
In this category – Dry Lube (UK) with Glass Lube 2.0 Conveyor Lubricant was highly commended for its progress in water and energy saving.
The Finalists in this category were: BTC Concept (France) with Bottle Clips; Sidel Group (France) with Sidel Start Lite bottle base design.
Best technology Innovation
- Winner: Blippar (UK) Blippar
The Finalists in this category were: Sidel Group (France) with Sidel Matrix Blower; Leibinger (Germany) with Leibinger balloon-style filling technology; KHS (Germany) with transporting packaging – Film packs without bulls eyes; and Lamican (Finland) with the aseptic paperboard can.
Best manufacturing and processing innovation
- Winner: Atlantium (Israel) with Atlantium Hydro Optic UV for Pasteurised Equivalent water and water reuse
The Finalists in this category were: Coca-Cola HBC Romania, for Global Innovation for Cappy Pulpy; Arla Food Ingredients (Denmark) for from-waste-to-value-add with Nutrilac functional milk protein; and Pall (Germany) for continuous polyphenolic beer stabilisation.
Trackback from your site.