Treasury has watered down its proposed tax on sugary drinks – now at around 11% rather than the proposed 20% – and pure fruit juices are not yet included.
Welcome to DRINKStuff SA! Where you will find lots of stuff - interesting, relevant, provocative stuff - about FMCG beverages, both at home and cherry-picked from around the globe.
Starbucks has debuted the new range of bottled iced teas that it announced it would launch in partnership with Anheuser-Busch last June.
Nestlé Waters in the US has launched a new range of real-brewed iced tea, as it embarks on a complete overhaul of its Nestea brand.
The internet's abuzz with McDonald's [in the US] latest announcement. It's not all-day breakfast (that's already a thing). And no, they're not making the McRib a menu staple. It's tech-y. It's design-y. It's a new ... straw?
US food-beverage design and development firm, president and chief innovation officer, , outlines the macro trends that will intrigue and inspire her company this year., develops concepts and formulates products across many channels within the food world, including food-away-from-home, FMCG, ingredients, and others. It's
When Dave Evans, founder of the artisanal bakery chain, Vovo Telo, noticed that a local iced tea brand BOS was outselling Coca-Cola at his stores, his interest was piqued. A look at the success and marketing of BOS, SA's fastest-growing soft drink...
The reality is that the move to introduce a sugar tax in South Africa is necessary because of the scourge of non-communicable diseases and obesity in the country, write three University of Pretoria researchers.
More Articles ...
- British flavour specialist develops ‘unprecedented’ sugar substitute
- The mystery of SA's collapsing long-life milk packaging
- Life without Oros focuses the SA sugar war
- Brewing beer on the moon - the next giant leap?
- SA's top-end wine producers elated, while 2016 hit lower end hard
- SA's Coffee in a Cone a local and global hit
- SA's passionate love affair with Scotch whisky
- Handy round up of top global 2017 food trends reports
- Fantastic new resource for SA food-drink industrialists of every ilk
- Taste: Taking on too much with Starbucks and Domino's?